Broccoli Bacon Quiche Bites
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Hiland Dairy cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 slices fully cooked bacon
- 10 ounce box frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup hite onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy cheddar cheese, grated (for topping)
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Coat a mini muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a small round cutter, cut small discs out of the refrigerated pie crust and place into the bottom of each muffin cup. Pre-bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs and heavy whipping cream until light and fluffy. Whisk in salt, pepper and cayenne pepper until well blended.
- Prepare the bacon and broccoli as directed on their respective packages. Crumble bacon.
- Stir cheese into the egg mixture and scoop into each muffin cup.
- Top with onion, bacon, broccoli and extra cheese. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set.
- Remove muffin tin from the oven and let rest for about five minutes. Garnish with scallions before serving.