Tuna Noodle Casserole
Images are stock photography and not actual photos of recipes. Final results may vary.
- 4 oz. Dried Medium Noodles
- 1 9 ¼ oz. can Tuna (water-packed)
- 1 tablespoon Hiland Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Fine Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 10 oz. package Frozen Cut Green Beans
- 1 cup Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 3/4 cup Chopped Green or Red Sweet Pepper
- 1/2 cup Sliced Celery
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Instant Chicken Bouillon Granules
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Hiland Fat-Free Milk
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/2 cup Shredded Hiland Cheddar Cheese (2 ounces)
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Drain and flake tuna. Toss the bread crumbs with Hiland Butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine frozen green beans, mushrooms, green or red pepper, onion, celery, water, bouillon granules and garlic. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together Hiland Milk, cornstarch and dry mustard. Add to vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Hiland Cheddar Cheese until melted. Stir in noodles and tuna.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture around outside edge of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden.