Snicker Doodle Cookies
Recipe and image provided by 2015 Hiland for the Holidays Cookie Contest winner, Lindsey W.
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine butter, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until well combined (light and fluffy), about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and optional salt. Beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Roll dough into balls and flatten slightly. Place mounds on a large plate or tray. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to 5 days. Do not bake with unchilled dough (cookies will bake thinner, flatter and be more prone to spreading).
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Roll each mound of chilled dough in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place dough mounds on baking sheet spaced at least 2 inches apart and bake for 8-9 minutes.