Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Images are stock photography and not actual photos of recipes. Final results may vary.
- 3 cups cold water, or as needed
- 3 1/2 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup Hiland Dairy Butter
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy Milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a pressure cooker over high heat. When water is boiling, add potatoes.
- Seal lid and bring cooker up to high pressure. Reduce heat to low, maintaining high pressure, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Use quick-release method to lower the pressure. Drain potatoes and return them to pressure cooker.
- Add Hiland Dairy Butter and Hiland Dairy Milk and cover pressure cooker with lid for 5 minutes, allowing the heat from the potatoes to melt the butter and warm the milk.
- Remove lid. Season with kosher salt and white pepper, and use a hand masher to mash potatoes until lumps are mostly gone.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve hot.