Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Recipe and image provided by 2015 Hiland for the Holidays Cookie Contest winner, Diana W.
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 40 unwrapped chocolate kiss candies
- 1/4 cup sugar (in a bowl, reserve for later)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add peanut butter and butter, mix thoroughly.
- Add sugar and brown sugar, mix thoroughly.
- Add the eggs, mix thoroughly.
- Roll mixture into tablespoon-size balls.
- Roll balls in the bowl of sugar.
- Place balls of dough on cookie sheet, evenly spaced.
- Press down lightly on each cookie dough ball with the palm of your hand or with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and immediately place one chocolate kiss candy in the center of each cookie.
- Return the tray to the oven for an additional 2 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.