Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy Unsalted Butter, room temperature, plus more for tube pan
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy Sour Cream
- Powdered sugar, for dusting top of cake
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Using room temperature butter, thoroughly butter entire inside surface of 16-cup tube pan. Dust pan with cake flour; tap out excess flour.
- Sift together cake flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat 1 cup room-temperature butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Lower speed to medium and add eggs, one at a time, beating just until each is incorporated.
- Add lemon zest and juice, beat until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and carefully add dry ingredients and sour cream. Mix just until combined, making sure all flour has been incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place pan on cooling rack; allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Using sharp knife, cut around pan, turn out cake.
- Gently turn cake right side up on pan, cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.