Kale Slaw with Citrus Dressing
Images are stock photography and not actual photos of recipes. Final results may vary.
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Hiland Dairy Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 slice cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine kale with carrot, orange juice, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Let stand a few minutes to absorb flavors.
- Fill a bowl with ice water. Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil. Add onion and boil for 15 to 30 seconds or until slightly softened. Remove onion and place in ice water. Drain the ice water, dry onions on paper towels and add to kale mix along with bacon, mayonnaise and olive oil. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving time.