Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup Hiland Dairy Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy Butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons Hiland Dairy Whole Milk or Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Sauce
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350° F. In a cupcake pan, place cupcake paper liners in each cup (this will help catch any overflow). Place ice cream cones standing up in each cup.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate small bowl, stir together the milk and vanilla.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium-low, slowly add the egg and egg whites one at a time, and beat until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Slowly add half the flour mixture, then the milk mixture, then the remaining flour mixture, beating until just blended after each addition.
- Fill each ice cream cone about 2/3 full – up to the first ridge of the cone. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for about 15 minutes. Cake will not be puffed up out of the cone, don’t be alarmed.
- Frosting: In a stand mixer, beat the butter on medium-high for about 2 minutes until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and salt. Mix until smooth. If too thick, add another tablespoon of milk and mix again until you reach the desired consistency.
- Decorations: In a piping bag, a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off or a good old spoon or knife, frost the cupcake cones. The idea is to make it look like soft serve ice cream with that Dairy Queen-like swirl. Be creative though and do whatever you like!
- After frosting is on, decorate with sprinkles, chocolate chips, nuts, chocolate sauce (or anything else you would like – get creative!) and serve.