- 2 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup Hiland Dairy Eggnog
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Instant Yeast (1 standard packet)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces (½ block) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons Hiland Eggnog
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, add the butter and Hiland Dairy Eggnog. Microwave in 30 second increments until butter is melted and mixture is hot.
- Add the yeast to the butter/Eggnog mixture and whisk together until yeast is dissolved. Pour the Eggnog mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg to the bowl as well.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix everything together until combined. Use your hands to mix if it becomes too thick for the spoon. Dough should be slightly sticky, but not unmanageable. If too sticky, add a Tablespoon of flour and mix again.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and use your hands to knead the dough for 2-3 minutes. Dough should not be sticky and have a smooth surface.
- Spray a bowl with nonstick spray and place dough inside and cover with a kitchen towel. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mix together until combined. Set aside.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough to approximately a 14×8 rectangle. Spread the brown sugar mixture over the rolled out dough and spread out evenly.
- Roll up the dough from the long side. Cut about 10-12 evenly sized rolls and place in a 9-10 inch round or square baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap or foil and let the rolls rise for about 90 minutes. They should double in size.
- After the rolls have risen, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly cover the pan with foil and bake for 24-26 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, salt, Hiland Eggnog, and vanilla. Mix again until combined and smooth.
While the Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls are still warm, spread the icing over the top. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Cover leftover rolls with plastic wrap or foil and store at room temperature.