- 10 tablespoons Hiland Dairy Butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream
- Rainbow chips, sprinkles, M&Ms, nuts (or any other candy)
- Brownies: Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Leave some overhang on the sides (this helps to make the brownies easy to pull out of the pan). Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for about 60-90 seconds. Pour into the bowl of your stand mixer. Add the sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder. Mix until combined.
- Add in the vanilla, corn syrup, eggs, and egg yolk. Mix again until well combined. Add flour, cornstarch, and salt. Mix again until just combined. Batter will be very thick.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Use a spoon or spatula to spread out evenly. Bake for 23-25 minutes. Remove and let cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: Pour the heavy cream into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Pour in the chocolate chips and let sit for 2-3 minutes before stirring.
- Stir until smooth, then pour over the brownies and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with rainbow chips, sprinkles, M&Ms, nuts or any other candy you desire. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until frosting is set.
- Cut brownies and enjoy!